Thursday, August 14, 2014

Sex Tape (2014) Review Cameron Diaz & Jason Segel

From the beginning of the movie, I was able to connect to the storyline on a personal level. It starts out as many of my days do, typing away on a blog. She goes on to describe the passion her and her husband had felt for each other when they began dating and how it had faded over the years with having kids, getting married and sinking into their daily routine.

I’m sure a lot of us feel that way about our own relationships from time to time, but don’t let that part sink you down as the movie takes a sharp twist to hilarity. As they attempt to repair a unsaturated love life, one trial leading to another, they finally settle on making a sex video together. What happens next will surely WOW you as this unbelievable domino trail comes crashing down in a series of unfortunate events.

I can surely say I was on the edge of my seat for the entire film and I could completely see where that Mother was coming from. (And perhaps, faced with those same decisions, I would have done the same thing!) The only disappointment that I had was you never really find out if the mother sells her blog or where was that creepy, cocaine-filled relationship with her soon-to-be boss was headed.


All in all, I can say that Cameron Diaz and Jason Segel did a wonderful job. I knew from the start that this movie was going to be fantastic when I recognized the Jason Segel from Wedding Crashers and The Five Year Engagement paired with Cameron Diaz. What a hilarious combination! Again, applause for Director Jake Kasdan for making another fun movie to add to the collection and keep up the good work.

No comments: