Monday, September 22, 2014

Baking with Pillsbury and the kids!


Today I just got sent a coupon for "Pillsbury Melts Cookies". I never tried them before but they looked delish, so I headed off to Walmart to grab some. When I got there, I probably spent twenty minutes in the baking and cake mixes aisle trying to find the right kind. There were other cookies from Pillsbury but not the kind I was looking for. At first I thought that my small-town grocery store didn't care them but funnily enough, they're actually in the refrigerated section.

By the time I got home, my friend's daughter (who was going to help me bake) decided she wanted to make one batch of each kind for her mom who was just getting out of surgery. We heated up the oven, got out two cookie sheets and laid a piece of wax paper over both. The thing I love about these cookies is how easy they are to bake! Literally they're already pre-cut so you just pop them out of the package and put them on a cookie sheet!

Within 15 minutes we had two batches of steaming, gooey cookies. My friend's daughter helped me drizzle chocolate over them, which came in the package, and then we waited for them to cool.

They were a huge hit! We had them out on a plate for probably less time than it took to cook them. (Which is really fast!) Everyone loved the gooey vanilla and fudge centers and they were awesome with milk!

I'm definitely getting these again when Christmas rolls around. Every year I battle with my cooking supplies and make a huge mess in the kitchen because I want to make cookies for all my friend's families. I think this will make things so much easier and tastier. Now if only they made cake pops!

Someone already stole a few ;)

Find more gooey goodness at:





Disclosure: The information and prize pack have been provided by General Mills through Platefull Co-Op.


No comments: