Tuesday, September 16, 2014

My Would-Be Amazon Review


Yesterday I read a really cute book called "What Did the Cat See?" and so, as I do with most books, I went to leave a nice review. This was my first review...

My daughter is going through the age where she is obsessed with all things feline so I thought this would be the perfect book for her. I've now had to read it to her 5 times this week and I'm almost positive that this is her new favorite book. Great Job Angela Yuriko Smith and keep up the good work!

I get an email from Amazon a few minutes later letting me know that my review was in violation of their guidelines and couldn't be posted. ...Okay? I re-read my review and Amazon's guidelines before deciding to try again, this time removing the Author's name so my review was only about the book.

My daughter is going through the age where she is obsessed with all things feline so I thought this would be the perfect book for her. I've now had to read it to her 5 times this week and I'm almost positive that this is her new favorite book.

I get the same email again a few minutes later...


A little frustrated, I completely dumb-down my review so there was no possible thing that could be violating their guidelines.

My daughter loved it. Keep up the good work!

Again I get an email... so now determined to leave a review - I try yet again, this time completely re-writing my review so that it's more like a mini-synopsis of the book rather than a review.

What a wonderful story! "What Did the Cat See?" is a walk alongside a curious cat that will have you looking at things in a whole new perspective. The pictures were really cute and my daughter absolutely loved it. I highly recommend this book.

Another email - Maybe they just have something against my daughter as if I was reading a children's book to myself?

What a wonderful story! "What Did the Cat See?" is a walk alongside a curious cat that will have you looking at things in a whole new perspective. The pictures were really cute - I highly recommend this book.

By the next email, I had given up. Sorry Angela Yuriko Smith that I can't tell you what I think of your book because somehow every review that I try to leave is inappropriate in some way.

So here is my review - What Did the Cat See is an awesome book listed on a very annoying site and not just that - Right now it's free! I really enjoyed reading this book to my daughter and it's probably her new favorite. Thank you so much and keep up the great work. You deserve every star that I would give you if my reviews weren't so scandalous.


1 comment:

Angela Yuriko Smith said...

Hahahaha! This was the best review of all, even if it never actually showed up on Amazon. PLENTY of effort went into it. Amazon, you owe us a review!