Sunday, September 28, 2014

There and Back Again...

Besides my shoulder spasming painfully and the awful feeling of nausea from an earlier coffee overdose, it's almost impossible to remember that only a few hours ago I was on my third twelve hour drive this month. I'm exhausted and possibly sick, but despite this I'm glad I got to go on this trip.

So for those of you who haven't been following my crazy adventure, during the month of September 2014 I drove a total of 2,100 miles in 38 hours from Florida to Illinois, Illinois to Texas and then Texas back to Florida. I just arrived at my house safely a few hours ago, and besides a very messy car, we made it out alright. (Although I'm going to have some major "cleaning out" time with the car tomorrow)

I made it home just in time for my 21st birthday, which is in a week. On this trip I have gotten lost in Nashville (Tennessee), Somewhere in Kentucky, St. Louis (Missouri) and Mobile (Alabama). My car has seen three mechanics, one for an oil change and then two due to bad, watered down gas messing up technical bits in my car. I've drank 11 cups of coffee (One called "Caffeine Extreme" which actually counted as 6 cups of coffee on its own) and I've traveled through more states than I can count.

I guess you could say I've seen the Midwest.

But I'll tell you all about it more tomorrow after I've gotten some rest. I'm exhausted and I'm sure tomorrow I'll have to go back over this and fix things I spelled or said wrong. 

Until tomorrow ~

No comments: