Thursday, September 4, 2014

Shopping for a Salesman

Did you know that your tie is the most important part of your wardrobe? Well, it is for my husband at least. Whenever I go shopping, I always have to be on the lookout for interesting and unique ties.

At first this was really difficult. When your husband just lands a career in car sales, you might not know that things like sports-team themed ties and cute hand drawn by children ties are off limits. (If he wears a Kansas City Chiefs tie and his customer is a Broncos Fan, he might not buy from him.)

Luckily, our local thrift store is usually flooded with ties and actually has a deal that you can buy ten ties for a dollar. Less than ten, though, and its a dollar per tie. Because of this, I usually come home with a bag full of ties at least once every few weeks.

At first 9/10 ties would have to be re-donated because I "picked ties only old men would wear". Apparently groovy peacock patterned ties that reminded me of my grandmother's carpet were out of style.

Today I came home with my usual bundle of ten, though, and apparently hit the home run of... well I did good. He seemed very enthusiastic about 8/10 of my tie choices with only one of the "no good" ones being a flat out "NO!". (Green tie with little stick figures golfing and waving their hands - I thought it was cute!)

Maybe next time I go to the thrift store, I wont have to bring back any loads of bad choice ties. Although even so, ten ties for a dollar is still a steal of a deal.

No comments: