Friday, August 22, 2014

My Ceiling Fan Predicament

So my husband and I moved into a new apartment a few weeks ago now. As much as I love it, there is one thing that irks me. None of our ceiling fans are attached to the light switches. This means that if you turn off the light switch, ceiling fan stays on.

I'm sure you're thinking, well why can't you just pull the cord to turn them off? Well I would if I could but this apartment was designed for giants!! I am a small woman of 5 feet and 3 inches so anything above the 4 ft range is out of my reach. Of course all the ceilings are vaulted which means my only hope of turning off any ceiling fans is to stand on one of my wobbly kitchen chairs and jump up to hopefully grab the cord (without pulling down the whole roof in the process) to turn off the fan.

My husband must've been a polar bear in a past life because he keeps everything in the house to near freezing when he's home... including turning on every ceiling fan. I keep telling him to turn them off before he leaves for work but he always forgets... sigh, men. So every day I sit in my room, tapping away at my computer, wearing a jacket, a hoodie, long pants with socks and a blanket over myself while I try to keep the shivering from messing up my typing. (And its the middle of fricken summer!) Maybe I've been living in Florida to long?

No comments: